Save Green Save Money
5 ways to save green and save money
- Reuse bags at grocery store …they pay you to do this! Bring your own from home or bring back the stores bags.
- Hang up one load of laundry a week. Start small (shirts on hangers work well) then work yourself up to the maximum loads you can handle. Recruit the family!
- Purchase a reusable coffee filter. I did, saves me money and time. I ALWAYS have a filter when I need one.
- Combine car trips- take a few seconds think of where you have to go then plan a combo trip save your gas money.
- Use your leftovers – have a leftover night empty that fridge save money and time not cooking.
Click Here! for more ideas about saving money.
5 more ways to save money
- Perform fall/winter maintenace on heaters. Change out used filters, wash old filters, have yearly maintenace checks done. (it pays in the long run)
- Adjust auto tire pressure to reflect different outside temperature , change oil and air filter.
- Adjust hot water heater to a lower temperature.
- Put in a hand held showerhead with a stop toggle switch. (Wet yourself with water, wash, rinse) Practice the 2 minute shower. (anyone with small children already knows how to do this)
- Cook a double meal and just reheat the next night.